Friday, December 12, 2014

Snow Fairy and Mitten Cards by Dianna

Hi everyone Dianna here with two snowflake cards.



The Snow Fairy card is my take from a card I saw on Pinterest.


The Fairy is from Gina's Designs Garden Fairies. When I saw this particlar fairy I thought she looked like a ice fairy. I used Sparkling H2O's on the Fairy and snowflakes. I painted one of Gina's trees with white acrylic, then used Copic Markers and white pearl chalk ink to give it a wintery affect. I punched with a Fisker 1/2 inch and 1 inch punches on clear vellium and a white metallic paper. I then distressed all of the circles with a silver chalk ink. I distressed the teal paper with light brown ink and cut the branches off the tree. I laid out the branches and circles to look like snow globes. Then placed the snowflakes around the card like the fairy was creating them. To finish off the card I used rhinestones on the snowflakes and through out the card.
I picked up an small envelope maker from Taylored Expressions and decided that it would be a great on the front of a card. I decided to use some of the pink paper from Crate Paper - Bundled Up.
I papered mittens from Gina's Designs Winter Shape Set. I layered Stickles on the plain chipboard snowflakes to create the vintage look on the snowflakes. I then printed out the "in the meadow" saying from the computer but a giftcard would be great in that slot as well. Rhinestones and a teal bow complete the look.
Items Used
Gina's Designs
Taylored Expressions - Tag Pocket #TE238
Crate Paper - Bundled Up
Stickles - Platinum, Milled Lavendar, Icicle, Brushed Pewter
BoBunny - Teal Paper
Copic Markers
Sparkling H2o's

2 comments: