Sunday, July 5, 2015

Circus Box Featuring ColourArte by Dianna's Crafts



 Hi everyone, Dianna here, with a exciting new project featuring Twinkling H20's by ColourArte!  I love to repurpose items and when I saw this old bankers box I knew I wanted to put a circus in it!

 Please see the video at the bottom of this post for step by step instructions.  

Here is a photo of some of the beautiful goodies I used on my project.






I started off with this chipboard Ferris Wheel from Gina's Designs, and used Washi tape to tape off the sections so that the Twinkling H20's did not bleed into each other.  The colors I used in the Twinkling H20's are Orange Peel, Lemongrass, African Jade and Ginger Peach. I used a sponge eye shadow makeup applicator to stir the water into the H20's and then applied it to the chipboard pieces. 


The tent was taped off as well, because I can not create a straight line on my own.  I used Twinkling H20's Ginger Peach, Lemongrass and African Jade for the banner. The H20's rainforest was used on the elephant then I went over it with the makeup applicator to create lines and dimension.  



The giraffe's spots were cut out of washi tape and was colored with more of the H20's in the Mandarin Citrine color. I then removed the spots  and colored them with the Nutmeg H20's.


I decided to leave the box in its original condition because I felt it was perfect for this project.  The bottom of the box looked like sand and the back of the lid was a perfect backdrop for the Ferris Wheel.



Next, I glued rice lights to the back of the Ferris wheel and then glued two plastic lids together for a stage (and to hide the battery pack). I covered the stage with some circus looking paper to finish it off.

Here is where I am at so far.

I glued the tent to the stage and hide the battery pack under it. 


Now its time for finishing touches! I glued the giraffe to the train car, and she is peeking over the top to see what's going on. I painted with more of the Twinkling H20's in Ginger peach, Lemongrass and African Jade on the train car, which gave it a fun shimmer and sparkle.


Here is the finished project!  I had so much fun creating this unique item. I love working with these products, they are very versatile and covered so well over the chipboard.

Don't forget to check out the ColourArte Store HERE and their Facebook Page HERE

To see what their design team is up to, you can check out their Blog HERE

  Please check out my step by step video below :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!




Items Used



Other Items
Gina's Designs - Circus Shape Set





6 comments:

  1. How cute and clever, love it! Good luck on the DT try out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a fun project, thanks for your submission to be apart of the Colourarte Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri for the opportunity to try out for the Colourate Team!

      Delete
  3. This is adorable, and so ingenious, too! Good luck on the DT call!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb! The box just screamed for the Ferris wheel!

      Delete