Saturday, October 3, 2015

Witches Cabinet by Dianna's Crafts

Hi Everyone Dianna here with my Halloween inspired by Gina's Designs cabinet and Graphic 45's Rare Oddities Collection. 

First I painted the cabinet black and then laid the pieces out on the Graphic 45 Rare Oddities - Brews and Potions paper to get the sections of the paper that I wanted.  I cut the paper, then glued the cabinet, without the paper on it with Beacon 3 in 1.  

I ended up cutting and piecing sections in the order that I wanted, so that it does not look like the original paper anymore.  I then glued the paper on the assembled cabinet.  I used black ink on the edges of the paper.  


I then fussy cut matching bottles and scroll work, inking the edges.  I then used chipboard strips to pop them up.  


I then fussy cut the owl and butterfly out from the Graphic 45 Rare Oddities - Ghostly Greeting.  I inked the edges and used a gold paint pen on Gina's Wooden Decorative Key.  I used black ink to distress the key and used a bronze Sharpie on clear stones then placed the stones on the key.  I used chipboard scrap to give the owl some support.  Then I glued the owl and butterfly to the key and the key to the cabinet. 


I painted one of Gina's spiderwebs black and used purple Stickles to give 
a little bling.  I then labeled bottles and put some glitter and micro beads as frogs eyes.  I then labeled the books that I had gotten on clearance. 


I can place everything in drawer for storage when the Holiday is over. 


Lastly, I painted Gina's new three witches (the pretty one) white, then used markers to draw her hair, skin and top. I used the back of the Rare Oddities to create the skirt.  


I did not want to glue her to the cabinet so I designed a stand using chipboard strips and strips from an envelopes that were mailed to me using priority mail.  Yes, I save everything.  


Thank you for looking!


Items Used

Gina's Designs
Witches (Coming Soon)



Graphic 45
Rare Oddities Collection
Ghostly Greetings
Brews and Potions

No comments:

Post a Comment