Monday, August 4, 2014

Cards - Mermaid and Thank You



Hi everyone,  I made two cards one for my niece and the other as a thank you.




 
My niece's 2 year old birthday and she LOVES mermaids.




The mermaid is a stamp from Penny Black purchased at Hobby Lobby (on clearance). The
waves were made leaving using the paper by Bo-Bunny's Enchanted Garden hand-cut into waves (it was actually more fun that it sounds) and glued together. I used Copic Sketch Y21, E29, YR27 and E09 on the mermaid's hair; Copic BG13, BG72 and BG49 on the tail;  Copic V04 and BV11 on her top and star fish; E00 on the skin.  Fishes Y15, YG13 and YR16 - Seahorse BG72 and V06 - Turtle YG63 and YG23.  Glitter Glue used - Recollections - Fairy Dust (purple), Pesto (green), Sunflower (yellow) - Studio G - (teal)




Seashells and StarFish are from Gina's Designs.  I used gesso on them first then I stamped with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink - Stormy Sky and Peeled Paint. Then sprayed with Sheer Shimmr Spritz by Imagine Crafts.  I cut the frame out by winging it, (actually I measured) the paper is from Hobby Lobby.  The 2 on the starfish is from Michaels. My Cricut (the first one made) bit the big one last weekend, very sad, which left me unable to make numbers.



 
Had to show the shell fish and this little guy!
 
 
Items Used:
 
Gina's Designs
Bo Bunny
Penny Black
Tim Holtz
Distress Ink
Stormy Sky
Peeled Paint
 
 
Thank you Card
 
Stamp used was Graphic 45, Cling Ladies Diary 1, stamped on a Readers Digest book page and colored with Copic - Black 100, Skin - E00, Green - G94, Pink - RV55, Yellow - Y13, Soft Violet - BV11.  Flowers cut out with  Spellbinders, Heartfelt Creations - Majestic Blooms stamped with Vintage Morning Background Precut Set.  I was at an expo and learned that you stamp an extra piece of paper and cut it out then tape it to the die.  Then you stamp the paper you want to use line it up with the paper on that you taped to the die and cut. I wet the back of the flower cut out and molded by using McGill Flower Tools.  Paper used DCWV - Le Trs Chic stack.  I used Tim Holtz, Distress Ink - Tea Dye around the edges.
 
 
 
Items Used
Graphic 45
Spellbinders
DCWV
Tim Holtz
Distress Ink
Tea Dye
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment